I've ignored the layer cake quilt along for a while now. One reason is that I don't like a couple of the blocks that are going to be in the sampler and the other reason is because other things got in the way. I told myself that this is going to be my sampler so I can do whatever I want. So I'm going to substitute the blocks I really don't like and make pinwheels blocks or something else in their place.
So, here are blocks 4 and 5. I have 4 more to go to catch up.
 |
| block 4 |
 |
| block 5 - turn your head |
I have a story about block 5. Pretty busy looking, isn't it? Well, I don't really care for the ric-rac fabric and I really didn't care for this block but it isn't one of the ones that I really don't like so I made it anyway. In the instructions (which I didn't read very well, obviously), it states not to use stripes due to the block orientation. Well, stripes was spelled "strips" in the instructions and my brain didn't process that until AFTER my block was done. That's way it's all crazy-like. But you know what? I like it!
If you recall, I took Amelia last Saturday to get her little toes painted. I thought I would share all their blue sparkliness.
Enjoy your day!
Jen
I'm working on my Layer Cake blocks too. Yours look great :) I love your fabrics!! Im going to come back and look at more of your blocks when your done. What fun colors :) I need to do the last two blocks. Cute toes too :)
ReplyDeleteLove that snowmen-star block. The middle fabric is perfect.
ReplyDeleteYou're right - it's your quilt and you can substitute blocks if you want. Why not, eh? I didn't do this quilt along, but I did see the blocks as they were released and I thought some of them were a bit "iffy".
Love the picture of Amelia's toes. There's just something about little girls' feet...so cute. I bet she doesn't want to wear socks.
Okay ... first ... those sparklie toes ... GORGE-OUS!!! super sweet!
ReplyDeleteLove your layer cake blocks ... very nice :)
Makes me wanna just squeeze those cute little feet. :o) Love the blue sparkly polish. Your blocks are looking great, even the stripey wild one.
ReplyDeleteI love your fabric choice for the layer cake blocks! Block 5 turned out great! And, the snowmen in the center of the star block is too cute!
ReplyDeleteI think you can do whatever you like because it's your quilt.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter's toes are so cute. It's amazing what they can do it such small spaces.
I like your blocks, I do. And I love Amelia's toes. So cute.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness me...cute little sparkled toes! Your snowman star block is darned sweet!!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, look at those cute little toesies! I like the stripEy block too -- and I can't believe you don't like that ricrac fabric -- I think it's cute. Love that star block too!
ReplyDeleteOnly make the blocks you like!! I like these two - a lot!
ReplyDeleteAnd cute little toesies!
ooh block 5 is my favorite so far! I love it
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, it's your sampler, do what you want! I think both blocks are really cute! Cute little tootsies there too!
ReplyDeleteI like your blocks! What are the layer cake blocks? Is it a pattern or a quilt along or something...?
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! That is my Emma's favorite color too!! Jenn
ReplyDeleteI started out fulling intending to do the Layer Cake quilt along but then I didn't like a couple of the blocks...and my machine broke...so I gave up.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks look really good--yes, do what you want!!