Thursday, October 23, 2014

Need a little help

I am participating in a couple of swaps over on Instagram (IG) and one of the is a Christmas Stocking swap.  I have plans to make my partner a stocking but I'm working on her "little extra" first.

I've been on a dresden kick lately and wanted to make a mini wall-hanging for my partner.  She expressed interest in having something she could keep out all year round in her sewing room.  Her room colors are navy, cream, orange, with a hint of lime.

I've been messing around with an idea in my head and have since started making my dresden blades.  My thought is to go mainly go with navy and every 3rd or 4th blade would be either orange or lime green.  Just to give it a little pop.

I thought the orange would be the one I would like but now I'm not sure.  I made a couple of lime blades to compare and I'm liking that much more.

What do you think?

Navy with a pop of Orange
Navy with pop of Lime
here they are all three.  Final project won't be all three though
So?  What do you think?  Navy with a pop or orange or pop of lime?  The center of dresden will be the navy fabric. I thought I would do a pop of opposite color; orange or lime depending on which color I went with as an accent but I think that will be too much.  I will most likely bind in the accent color.

I have a little more to share with you soon.  I've been busy over here, sewing away.  Just haven't snapped any pictures.

Enjoy your day!
Jen  :)

9 comments:

  1. I like the orange more than the lime and would go with this. Will you use the grey fabric (?) with the flowers in creme and orange as background or border? Then definitly go with the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lime green for no special reason. It just jumped out and grabbed my attention. Good luck - it's beautiful either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lime, but I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the lime, though both are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are both very cool Jen. I've been on a huge lime kick lately (and for someone who doesn't particularly like green, that's big for me!) so I'm liking the lime. But really, that orange works beautifully too. Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lime for me, too! I wish I could say why, but I can't figure it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look great but I think the lime kicks it up just a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Lime for me too! Maybe is the shade of orange you're using because normally I love orange and navy.

    I bet you've finished this by now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails