The newest craze out there in blogland are these mini quilts that people have called "mug rugs". It's a giant coaster. Enough room for your mug and a snack. I finally caved and made up one for myself and Amelia liked it so much, I made her one too.
Mine came out bit long and skinny but it's fine. I really like them and would love to make them for gifts this Christmas but I pushed that idea out of my head. Not going to do it. At least not this year.
I busted open my Moda Sampler box and used "Spring Fever" for my mug rugs.
Amelia's is the pink binding, mine the purple. I like the checkerboard look and I will make myself another with just the mini squares. They are cute, aren't they?
Enjoy your day!
Jen
One-Pan Pesto Orzo with Sausage and Tomatoes
2 days ago






I've been seeing these in blogland the last couple of days now and think they are fantastic gift items for teachers, co-workers, etc.
ReplyDeleteLove your mug mats! They would make a great gift if given with a matching mug! :0)
ReplyDeleteThey are great. I might make one to go with the Secret Santa swap stuff that I'm making.
ReplyDeleteOther than that a mug, tea bag, cookie and mug rug will make some great presents
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Jen those are too cute! How big are they? That's a great little idea! Jenn
ReplyDeleteHow nifty. And very practical...cute!
ReplyDeletesoooooo cute!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love Terry's idea too, what a great gift!
ReplyDeleteThey are very cute, Jen. I like the purple one best. Must be fun to make them because I'm guessing they are quick, so you get the gratification of actually finishing a project right away.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I think that the next swap for the small Guild I am in is mug rugs. hmmm....
ReplyDelete