Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pencil Case

Pinterest.  It's a dangerous place.  The ideas and crafts out there is mind-blowing.  The recipes.  Oh the recipes!  I try to stay off Pinterest as much as I can. I pop on there once a week or so.  It can just suck you in if you don't keep tabs on yourself.  Kris had pinned a tutorial for a fabric pencil case.  It's very cute and it was on my mind for a day or two.  Kris jumped on it first and found out that it was too short for regular pencils (the ones you use a sharpener for).  I decided to give it a shot yesterday afternoon before Amelia got home from her weekend away at my Mom's.  I extended the measurement by 2 inches and used a 12" zipper.  It's cute!



I had an idea to make them as party favors for the kids at Amelia's birthday this year.  She liked the idea and agreed.  So now I have 3 months to make 12 more.  Nice thing is that we will be shopping out of my stash.  Only thing I need to stock up on is more 12" zippers but etsy is good for that!  15 zippers for 9 bucks.  Can't beat that!

Enjoy your day!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute Jen...and thanks for the updated measurements. May I use your picture on my next Tutorial Monday post?? Amelia's friends are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I made these too. They were fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute! I'm sure Punkie's friends will love them!
    And yes, I waste at least an hour a day on Pinterest. Or maybe I spend at least an hour a day there. Waste or spend, I guess it depends on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pencil cases are adorable! I'm so envious of your zipper skills! So do you think you'll be making 12 cases at the last minute? I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute Jen! And Kudos for being able to stay off of Pinterest -- I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen what a great idea for birthday favours and a lovely reminder from the birthday girl.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! Those will make great favors! Can I come to the birthday party? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails