Wednesday, June 24, 2009

100 Days Smoke Free Giveaway

Okay, today is really Day 101. I first want to say THANK YOU to everyone who cheered me on and supported me and to those who shared their own quit stories and tips. I truly do appreciate it. I love this other group of virtual friends that I have. You all are great! ♥

Do I feel accomplished? Kinda sorta. Do I feel healthier? Kinda sorta but not really. The 10 pounds that came with these 101 days isn't making me happy but I'm doing something about it so I won't dwell on it. Do I feel richer? Sure. Smokes are up over $6.00. Too rich for my blood!

The big question is do I miss it? And my answer is YES. Yes I do. Not so much in the car like I did in the beginning. I found that chewing gum is working for me. I miss more of the social aspect for me as well as the boredom. When I was bored at home, at work... anywhere, I would go out and have a smoke. Now I eat. At least at work they got rid of smoking on campus on January 1st of this year so I couldn't smoke anymore at work even if I wanted to. I miss it when I'm stressed out.

I won't lie. I MISS IT. And work is getting really stressful for me. The calling to smoke is getting really strong. My mom (the smoker) told me to call my doctor and get a prescription for the continuation pack of Chantix so that I have it when the call to smoke gets really, REALLY bad. The medication really does work or I would still be smoking. I just need to find my stress outlet and not let it be food.

Anyway. That's my confession for the last 100 days. And here's my giveaway. It's not much and I want to add a little bit to it but for now you'll at least get what is pictured.


The little quilt pattern is adorable. I bought several months for myself. I haven't made one yet but I plan to when I get laid off at the end of the year. I'm collecting projects NOW when the money is coming in. LOL. I should probably be paying off my bills. I'm doing that too but a girl needs her fabric and patterns too!

So if you are interested in my giveaway, please leave a comment on this post and I will draw a winner on Monday, June 29th. How does that sound?

Good luck!
Jen

17 comments:

  1. Congrats again on the not smoking thing. And thanks for the giveaway! I've seen that fabric on blogs and it looks so pretty! Love the little pattern too! Enjoy your day! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - I'm really proud of you!! Keep on going, day by day - you can do it. I love your give away. I just love that line of fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you! One day at a time and look where you have come - Day 101!!!!

    101 is better than 100, 102 is better than 101 keep on going. It is a process and you are doing it!! Well Done.

    I appreciate the opportunity to win your give away, count me in.

    Great Big HUG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 100 days. I'm don't sew (yet) I'm not going to enter my name in the giveaway, but I did want to let you know I mentioned it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS...from one ex-smoker to another. I totally understand the desire and struggle. You are doing great, rewarding yourself is important.
    Love your choices for your giveaway celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Jen... you are doing great. Don't you feel stronger for every time you tell yourself "no"?
    You have almost 1/3 of a year smoke free!
    Please add my name in to your drawing... and add a little bit of luck for me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make sewing be your stress reliever! Everytime you want to put food in your mouth, pick up a needle and thread. You probably can't do that at work though, so you'll need to find something else -- like practicing rubber band bank shots off the ceiling into the cube next to you??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again Jen. 100 days is quite an accomplishment and it should get easier with each day.

    Please enter me in your drawing. I remember, we first "met" in a drawing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100 days! Good for you! Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds good! Keep up the great job of not smoking. It will get easier - I promise. Love that charm pack and pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe the sewing will help keep your hands busy?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds wonderful! (well, you asked).

    CONGRATULATIONS - 101 days!!!! I think you should be allowed to stock up on a few projects. With all the money you're saving from not buying those $6/pack smokes, you deserve it!

    Love that fabric (it IS Moda, after all) and the pattern! Count me in, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a strong woman.....and an even better example to your little one! Keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen, you are one strong woman! Please enter me in the giveaway.

    S.W.A.K.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are all so proud of you...GREAT JOB!!!! Day by day is the best approach..it's my struggle with my weight much the same!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you not smoking! I would love to be entered in your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're doing a good job. It's a tough thing to do, but you have come along way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails