Thursday, September 18, 2014

Patchwork Pumpkins

I am pleased as punch that my idea actually worked out.  Over the summer, I made a cupcake wallhanging that I just adore but it doesn't scream "Fall".  I mentioned in my cupcake post that I wanted to make a few more of this style of wallhanging and mentioned pumpkins; my follow through is pretty lacking though.

Not this time!  I am crazy about my Patchwork Pumpkin wallhanging!  I admit that it still needs to be quilted and I plan to do the same to the pumpkins as I did with the cupcakes.  I'm going to stitch and flip with tabs to hang it with.  I plan on getting this chore done this weekend and get it hung on the wall by Sunday night.  I'm going to back it in orange polka dots.


I wanted this wallhanging to be more "Fall" than "Halloween" so I searched for the right pumpkin border.  That was tough.  Everything was either too realistic for my wallhanging or Jack o Lanterns.  I wanted a whimsical pumpkin.  I couldn't find what I had in my mind so I settled on mini pumpkins.


It will do.  

I was going to applique a pumpkin, similiar to the cupcake but I ended up taking the patchwork pumpkin that Lori used in her quilty barns and made it a bit larger to fit my idea.  I'm thrilled it all worked out like it was in my head.

Enjoy your day!!
Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. I love your patchwork pumpkins...they're adorable! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen wow your pumpkin hanging looks awesome,well done my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! It can be hard to find the right fabric and I love the mini pumpkins you took:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patchwork pumpkins are so cute! You did a great job picking out fabrics. :) -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Clever use or the pumpkin pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The pumpkins are perfect for fall and not so much Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's adorable and I love the mini pumpkins for the border! Wonderful shades of orange!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails